Hmm… looks like the new version of WordPress has borked a few things. Tags == good. Converting categories into tags then deleting the categories == bad.
Emily’s in Chicago until Sunday, so I’m having to entertain myself. I’ve made a few changes to the site today, namely a new template for the blog. Hit refresh on your browser a few times, and the banner image up top will change.
This time it’s MarsEdit for OSX.
This is a test. Will Windows Live Writer successfully publish this post on my blog? Only one way to find out…
No, not with new posts, but the backend software… I’ve been getting a ridiculous amount of spam via the comments feature, and finally had enough. So I’ve updated to WordPress 2.12 and added the akismet plug-in in the hopes of eliminating all of the gibberish coming through. So if anyone would leave real comments (hint hint), I may actually see them now!
BTW, the return of the baby countdown (and the obligatory explanation post) is coming shortly.
A collection of interesting links I’ve found over the past few months, but either didn’t have the time or inclination to write a full post about. Enjoy –
- Why does orange juice taste so bad after brushing your teeth?
- 10 most dangerous playthings of all time
- Scorpion venom could help treat brain cancer patients
- Worst-case scenarios
- US presidential speeches tag cloud
- How to survive a party when you don’t know anybody
- Thinking like a genius
- Doing Nothing: A History of Loafers, Loungers, Slackers, and Bums in America
- Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity
- A collection of the worst personal websites I’ve seen, all on one server